National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018 Syllabus
The candidates aspiring for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, NEET 2018 require a thorough knowledge of NEET 2018 Syllabus which will help them to plan their preparation strategy accordingly. This test facilitates admission into courses like MBBS, BDS or PG in both government and private medical colleges.
After going through various state syllabi as well as the syllabus prepared by CBSE, the Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), The Medical Council of India prepared, the NEET Syllabus 2018in a manner that ensures consistency in medical education across the country. The MCI also recommends the same consistency for admissions through NEET to about 90,000 MBBS/BDS seats in India. The Syllabus of NEET 2018 is based on topics taught in the Science Stream—Physics, Chemistry and Biology—in Classes 11 and 12.
The candidates appearing for NEET 2018 must have an in-depth knowledge of all the topics mentioned in NEET 2018 Syllabus as it would help them to solve more questions and thus, score more in the exam. Vidyakul provides subject wise detailed NEET Syllabus for 2018 to all aspirants for an effective preparation.
NEET Syllabus 2018 contains the list of syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Biology that are specified by CBSE. All those candidates who are thorough with CBSE syllabus for the above subjects would find it easy to go through NEET Syllabus.
Important Facts about NEET 2018 Exam
• Date of the Examination: NEET 2018 would be conducted by CBSE on 6th May 2018, Sunday.
• Duration of the Examination: The NEET 2018 Exam will commence at 10 am and end at 1 pm. The duration of the exam would be 3 hours.
• Mode of the Examination: The NEET 2018 Exam would be conducted offline, i.e. it would be pen and paper based.
• Language of the Examination: The candidate would have an option to attempt the paper in the language that they can choose from—Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil and Telegu.
• Number of Questions: Candidates aspiring for NEET 2018 will attempt 180 objective type questions. There will be 90 questions from Biology and 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry.
• Marks: A correct answer raises 4 marks. While an incorrect answer fetches negative marking of 1 mark. Biology section accounts for 360 marks while Physics and Chemistry sections are of 180 marks each.
NEET 2018 Syllabus—Significance:
Admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India is quite tough due to less seats and high level of competition. The candidates aspiring for admission into these courses require a lot of hard work and strategic planning. The NEET 2018 Syllabus, thus plays a significant role in scoring high marks. Given Below are some points that would help the candidates understand why NEET 2018 Syllabus is crucial.
1. The NEET 2018 Syllabus is published in NEET 2018 Information brochure by CBSE which makes the syllabus final and binding.
2. The 2018 Syllabusfor NEETwould make the candidates aware of the important topics that they must cover to score high in NEET 2018 Exams.
3. Apart from the topics covered in NCERT, the NEET Syllabus 2018 also contains certain topics outside the NCERT Syllabus. Thus, after going through the Syllabus for NEET 2018, the candidates would get to know the topics out of NCERT which would help them to prepare accordingly.
NEET 2018 Subject-wise Syllabus
Vidyakul presents subject wise detailed analysis of NEET 2018 Syllabus for candidates aspiring to get admission into government and private medical colleges. The Syllabus for NEET 2018 is based on Class 11th and 12th topics of subjects in science stream—Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates can find the various topics covered in these subjects for both the class 11th and 12th in the tables given below.
NEET 2018 Syllabus: Physics Topics
The candidates are advised to cover all the NEET 2018 Physics Syllabus topics given in a table below to ease out their NEET 2018 preparation.
|S.No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|3||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Optics|
|4||Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5||Laws of Motion||Electromagnetic Waves|
|6||Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|7||Properties of Bulk Matter||Electronic Devices|
|8||Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9||Gravitation||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|10||Oscillations and Waves||–|
NEET 2018 Syllabus: Biology Topics
The candidates are advised to cover all the NEET 2018 Biology Syllabus topics given in a table below to ease out their NEET 2018 preparation.
|S.No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|2||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||Ecology and environment|
|3||Plant Physiology||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4||Human physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5||Cell Structure and Function||Genetics and Evolution|
NEET 2018 Syllabus: Chemistry Topics
The candidates are advised to cover all the NEET 2018 Chemistry Syllabus topics given in a table below to ease out their NEET 2018 preparation.
|S.No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4||Hydrogen||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|5||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|11||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers|
|12||Environmental Chemistry||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|13||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|14||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Coordination Compounds|
Vidyakul provides an in-depth analysis of subject-wise NEET Syllabus 2018in a downloadable PDF format.To access them, click on the links below:
NEET 2018 Syllabus Weightage:
The NEET 2018 Syllabus is divided into three sections—Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The candidates need to solve all the questions given in these sections to score maximum marks that qualify for cutoff in order to become eligible for counselling.
The NEET 2018 question paper will strictly follow the NEET 2018 Syllabus as prescribed by CBSE. The candidates have to solve a total of 180 MCQ questions, with each question having three wrong answers and one correct answers. Based on the NEET 2018 Exam Pattern, Vidyakul brings the NEET 2018 Syllabus Weightage for all three subjects to ease out and strategize the NEET 2018 Preparation for candidates.
|Subjects||11th Class||Class 12th||Total|
|No. of Ques||Total Marks||No. of Ques||Total Marks||No. of Ques||Total Marks|
For more information regarding NEET 2018 Admit Card and NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, stay tuned with Vidyakul.