National Eligibility Cum Entrance (NEET) 2018
The Central Board of Secondary Education is conducting NEET 2018, the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for undergraduates aspiring for courses like MBBS, BDS or PG in both government and private medical colleges. NEET 2018 is an offline objective entrance exam with 11 lakh student application every year. However, admissions in AIIMS and JIPMER are not based on the results of NEET 2018.
Candidates must note that NEET 2018 Exam is scheduled to be held on 6th May 2018, Sunday while NEET Application Form 2018 is available till 12th March 2018, Monday till 5:30 pm. However, candidates will be able to pay NEET 2018 Exam Application Fees till 11.50 PM on 13th March 2018, Tuesday. The date was extended after the Honorable Supreme Court Judge instructed CBSE to allow students to fill NEET Application Form 2018without entering their Aadhar Card Number. Candidates are now allowed to fill their forms with any valid Government ID proof including ration cards, passports, bank account passbooks, driving license or voter IDs.
Important Highlights of NEET 2018
|Exam Name||NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Expected Number of Applicants||11 lakhs|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Seats Offered||55 thousand|
|Courses Offered||MBBS and BDS|
CBSE NEET 2018 Important Dates
Candidates must take note of the important dates for CBSE NEET 2018 from the table given below:
|Release of Application Form||8th February 2018|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||9th March 2018|
|Payment of Application Fee Begins||9th February 2018|
|Correction in Application Form||12th – 16th March 2018|
|Release date of admit card||2nd week of April (Tentative)|
|Exam Date||6th of May, 2018|
|Announcement of Results||5thy June 2018 (Tentative)|
NEET 2018 Application Form and Fee:
Candidates after filling the NEET 2018 Application form must maintain at least three printouts of confirmation page, proof of fee payment, 5 copies of passport size photograph (same as the one scanned), 2 postcard size photos (same as in form).
How to apply for NEET 2018?
Candidates aspiring for NEET 2018 can register by going through following steps.
1. Fill the online application form and note down registration number.
2. Upload photograph and signature.
3. Pay application fee in any preferred mode.
4. Print confirmation page and fee payment proof.
Specifications of Photograph and Signature:
In the second step of application form, candidates are required to upload scanned copies of passport size photo and signature. Their specifications are as follows:
• Photograph should be recent, passport size, with white background. It should have candidate’s name and date of taking photograph. The photographs need to be scanned in high quality and save as jpeg file. Size of the scanned file should be between 10 kb and 100 kb.
• Signature should also be in jpeg format. Its size should be between 3 kb and 20 kb.
The application fees submitted along with the application form of NEET 2018 is different for different categories. The NEET 2018 Application Fee can be submitted in both online as well as offline mode. Candidate can choose his preferred mode of NEET 2018 FEE payment from:
• Credit or Debit Card
• Net Banking or UPI
• E-wallet of Common Service Centers
Candidates can check the requisite application fees to be paid at the time of NEET 2018 Application Process from the table below.
|General and OBC||INR 1,400/-|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018:
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for NEET 2018 before applying for the examination.
1. Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
2. If the candidate does not reside in India then he or she should be an OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)
1. For candidates belonging to all the categories, the minimum age limit is 17 years as on December 31 of the year of admission.
2. For candidates belonging to the general category, the maximum age limit is 25 years as on December 31 of the year of admission.
3. For candidates belonging to reserved category, the maximum age limit is 30 years as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Class 12 Qualification:
1. Students must have cleared class 12 board exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized board with at least five mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and an elective subject.
Year of Passing:
1. Students who are appearing for board exams in the year 2018 are eligible to take NEET 2018.
2. Students who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2017 and appearing for an improvement exam in 2018 are eligible to apply for NEET 2018.
3. Candidates who have appeared for class 12 exams in 2016 and have taken improvement exam in 2017, can mention the year of the exam with a better score.
NEET Exam Pattern 2018:
Candidates must take note of the NEET Exam Pattern 2018 from the table given below:
|NEET Exam Pattern 2018|
|Number of Questions||180 MCQ|
|Type of questions||Objective type ( 4 options with 1 correct answer)|
|Mode of exam||Offline mode only|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
Candidates must note The NEET Exam Pattern 2018 with subject name, number of questions and marks from the table given below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
CBSE NEET 2018 Dress Code:
Candidates must know the dress code before going for NEET 2018 exam. Some of the candidates may also be travelling to different cities for the exam, so they should know what the dress code is beforehand to pack those clothes only.
CBSE has announced a strict dress code for the NEET exam. The reason behind CBSE imposing rules on what to wear and what not to wear for the exam is to avoid cheating cases.
Things that you can wear: Slippers and sandals with low heels for footwear; no shoes. Trousers or salwar for lower-body wear. In upper body you can wear half sleeve light clothes without big brooch or badge or button or flower.
Things that you cannot wear: Shoes, sunglasses, full sleeves clothes, watches, bracelets, any sort of jewelry, saree, cap.
NEET 2018 Reservation:
Candidates must note the NEET 2018 Reservation status.