Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2018
JEE Advanced is the second phase of JEE exam which is conducted by IITs every year on a rotational basis. While JEE Advanced 2017 was conducted by IIT Madras, JEE Advanced 2018 is conducted by IIT Kanpur on 20th May 2018, Sunday. In September 2017, the IIT Joint Commission Board announced that from 2018 onwards, the JEE Advanced would be conducted online.
Till 2011, IIT used to conduct IIT JEE for admissions into various IITs across India and ISM Dhanbad. But in 2012, IIT JEE was replaced by JEE Advanced for admissions into the 23 IITs and ISM Dhanbad. Also, only students selected in JEE Mains Exam are eligible for JEE Advanced Exam.
Around 2,24,000 students from JEE Mains 2018 Exams will become eligible for JEE Advanced 2018. Some other institutes like Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research uses scores obtained in JEE Advanced Examination as the basis for admission.
Some Quick Facts about JEE Advanced 2018:
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting authority||IIT Kanpur|
|Number of candidates eligible to sit for JEE Advanced||2,24,000|
|JEE Advanced selection process||Admission through JoSAA counseling on the basis of JEE Advanced Ranks|
|Mode of exam||Completely Online|
JEE Advanced 2018 New Changes Announced:
• JEE Advanced 2018 is conducted in online mode. Unlike the previous years when the exam was pen and paper-based,the exam will now be computer-based.
• The horizontal reservation has been increased to 5% from 3% for PwD candidates in each category for admission.
• To increase the presence of female candidates from the existing 8% to 14%, supernumerary seats are created for them.
• The total number of candidates eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced Exam 2018 increased up to 2,24,000 after adding 4000 candidates.
• Instead of three, a total of 5 exam centers must be chosen while filling the application form
• If candidates find any malfunctioning with the computer during the JEE Advanced test, then candidates will be allotted another system and care will be taken that the exam duration of 3 hours is given to them.
• The registration fee of JEE Advanced 2018 will not include GST.
JEE Advanced Important Dates:
The candidates are advised to go through the table below to find all the important dates provided by IIT Kanpur for JEE Advanced 2018 Examination.
|Availability of Mock Test 1 (Announced)||December 19, 2018|
|Availability of JEE Advanced Mock Test 2||January 30, 2018|
|Application Form availability||May 2, 2018|
|Deadline of Application Form||May 7, 2018|
|Application Form deadline with late fee||May 8, 2018|
|Admit Card availability||May 14 to 20, 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Exam||May 20, 2018 (Announced)
Paper 1 – 9 AM to 12 Noon
Paper 2 – 2 PM to 5 PM
|(a) Online Display of ORS and scanned responses
(b) Request for Review of Scanned Responses
|May 22 to25, 2018|
|Online display of Answer Key||May 29, 2018|
|Feedback on Answer Key||May 29 & 30, 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Result announcement||June 10, 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Architecture Aptitude Test Application begins||June 10 &11, 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Architecture Aptitude Test||June 14, 2018|
|Result announcement of Architecture Aptitude Test||June 18, 2018|
|Seat Allotment||June 19 to July 15, 2018|
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2018:
While aspiring for JEE Advanced Exam, many students skip the crucial stage of checking whether they are eligible to take the JEE Advanced Exam or not. All Indian, as well as foreign candidates, are eligible to apply for the entrance exam, only if, they meet the JEE Advanced eligibility criteria 2018.Eligibility conditions related to age, number of attempts, marks in qualifying examination, number of subjects in qualifying test, etc.are included in the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2018. All candidates must carefully check JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria before filling the application, to get ample clarity whether they are eligible for the test.
JEE Advanced General Eligibility Criteria 2018:
• Candidates belonging from general Category must have been born on or after October 1, 1993, while candidates from ST/SC/PwD categories will get 5 years relaxation.
• Candidates can sit for JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
• Candidates aspiring for JEE Advanced 2018 must have cleared their 12th exam in either 2017 or 2018.
• Candidates who are already in IITs/ISM are not be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
• Candidates must qualify JEE Main and meet the required cutoff ranks set by the concerned authorities.
Category-Wise Distribution of Top 2,24,000 Candidates
|Order||Category||Number of “Top” Candidates||Total|
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018:
Candidates must anticipate some changes in the JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern introduced by IIT Kanpur since the mode of the exam has been changed from offline to online. JEE Advanced Examination is a two-step process–Paper I and Paper II—both 3 hours each and mandatory to attempt. Candidates are advised to go through JEE Advanced Previous Year Papers beforehand to get a grip on the paper and the kind of questions asked in the exam. JEE Advanced require dedication, reasoning, hard work and intelligence. Apart from having concepts on the fingertips, candidates need to have an in-depth understanding of the three subjects.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern: Paper 1
The JEE Advanced Exam Pattern for Paper 1 will consist of three sections—Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Given below are the paper 1 pattern for JEE Advanced 2018.
|Subject||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum marks (Per question)||Negative Marks||Total no. of Marks|
|Physics Chemistry Mathematics||1||5||3||-1||15|
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern: Paper 2
The JEE Advanced Exam Pattern for Paper 2 will be released by IIT Kanpur later. We will update it as soon as it is released.
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018:
The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2018 is similar to the syllabus of JEE Mains 2018 and is mapped according to the NCERT curriculum. Candidates must go through the JEE Advanced Syllabus2018on a regular basis as it will help them to plan their JEE Advanced Preparation strategy accordingly. Candidates must take JEE Advanced Examination really seriously as it is considered as one of the world’s toughest examination. Apart from having concepts on the fingertips, candidates need to have an in-depth understanding of the three subjects.
Several prominent engineering institutes like IIT and ISM Dhanbad would grant admission to students on the basis of their JEE Advanced 2018 Score.Some other institutes like Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Indian Institute of Science and the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research uses scores obtained in JEE Advanced Examination as the basis for admission.
For an overview of JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus, check out the table below: