JEE Mains 2019
Joint Entrance Examination Mains 2019
The National Testing Agency conducts JEE Mains 2019, an all India Engineering Entrance Examination to facilitate admission into National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), and other centrally funded Engineering colleges.
JEE Main 2019 will be held on January 06 to 20, 2019 and then again on April 06 to 20, 2019.For the January exam, the application process has now ended.
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) of JEE Mains 2019 January exam in two shifts, first one from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and the second shift will be held from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. However, the paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan) will be held in one shift only. Candidates who have applied successfully will be given a last chance to make corrections in their application form. Also, NTA will release the exact shifts and dates of the exams will be available on October 05, 2018 at nta.ac.in.
NTA will randomly allot the test city, date and shift and its decision will be the final one.
Due to a high level of competition, JEE Mains is considered as one of the most challenging entrance exams at the undergraduate level. The students aspiring for JEE Mains Exam 2019, should have a strategic JEE Mains Preparation plan since 30% of the questions asked are directly from NCERT textbook concepts. Also, only students selected in JEE Mains Exam are eligible for JEE Advanced Exam.
JEE Mains 2019 New Changes Announced:
As per the information brochure following changes are made in JEE Main 2019:
- For B.Arch admission, not only Mathematics, but Physics and Chemistry is also mandatory at 10+2 level.
- Now there is no age limit to apply in JEE Main examination.
- There are no attempt limits in JEE Main, candidates who have qualified their class 12 exams in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main.
- Also, the application fee has been lowered.
- Normalisation of marks has been introduced.
- Aadhaar card is not mandatory for registrations.
The information brochure for JEE Main 2019 April exam will be released in February.
JEE Mains 2019 Important Dates:
Find below the official dates of important events regarding JEE Mains 2019 Exam:
|JEE Main 2019||Dates of January Exam||Dates of April Exam|
|TPC registration starts||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Application Starts from||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to apply||30 Sep 2018||07 Mar 2019|
|Application Fees can be paid until||01 Oct 2018||08 Mar 2019|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website only||08 - 14 Oct 2018||-|
|Admit card issuing date||17 Dec 2018||18 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date||06 to 20 Jan 2019||06 to 20 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of Answer Keys||To be announced!||To be announced!|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jan 2019||30 Apr 2019|
JEE Mains 2019 Important Dates and Shift Timing:
Many candidates have raised questions about why they are not able to select the date and shift of JEE Main 2019 examination. To clear this, here is what you need to know:
The candidate will not be able to select the date and shift of the exam. He/She can only provide their choice of 4 exam cities in the application form. NTA will randomly allot the date and shift to appear in the exam using computer software. For Paper 1, 2 shifts will be available and only one shift will be available for Paper 2. The exact date and shift timings of the exam will be made available by October 5, 2018.
Shift 1: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM Shift 2: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
will be held in one shift only
JEE Main 2019 Exam Schedule – January Exam
As per the information brochure following will be the exam day schedule of NTA JEE Main 2019:
|Dates of Examination||06 Jan 2019 (Sunday) to 20 Jan 2019 (Sunday)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Paper-2||Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on the Drawing sheet|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|(a) Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Up to 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Up to 1.30 p.m|
|(b) Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Ends||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) remains the same, it shall be as given below.
- Mode of Examination: NTA will conduct JEE Main in online mode only (Computer Based Test). However, the part 3 (drawing section) of the Paper 2 exam will be in offline mode.
- Duration of the exam: 03 hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type / MCQ questions.
- The medium of Question Papers: The candidates will be given a choice in the medium of the question papers. The medium of examination in all test centers will be in English and Hindi Medium. However, for Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the questions will be available in English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Distribution of Questions
For Paper 1: For BE/B.Tech
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
For Paper 2: For B.Arch/B.Plan
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part 1: Mathematics||30||120|
|Part 2: Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part 3: Drawing||2||70|
Marking Scheme (Same for paper 1 and 2):
- For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Also, there shall be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted or awarded in case if the question is left unanswered.
JEE Mains 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus for JEE Mains 2019 is different for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates seeking admission to B. Tech/B.E courses will be appearing for Paper 1 while candidates appearing for Paper to will apply for B. Arch/ B. Planning course. The syllabus for both has been given below.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus (Paper I)
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus (Paper 2)
|Part I||Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials. Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build—environment. Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings. Visualising. different sides of three-dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).|
Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban scape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc.) and rural life.
JEE Mains 2019 Admit Card:
Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam will be issued the Admit Card for JEE Mains 2019 by NTA. Candidates can download their admit cards by logging in using the application number and password. The admit card will be sent via post. Therefore, it will be the candidates’ responsibility to get their JEE Main 2019 Admit Card on time.
The JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will consist of the personal details of the candidate. Also, the basic information about the exam like date, timings and its address will be also available. The candidate should bring the print out of the Admit Card and a valid photo id proof.
Documents to carry at JEE Main 2019 Exam Centers:
- The candidates must carry their JEE Main 2019 admit card while reporting at the examination center for the exam.
- PwD candidates must carry a copy of the PwD certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
Items allowed to carry to the Exam Hall along with the JEE Main Admit Card:
- For JEE Main 2019 examination, candidates do not have to carry a pen or pencil along with them since they will be provided with a black ball point pen by the authorities.
- The drawing sheet needed for JEE main Paper 2 will be provided by the authorities. Candidates must carry their own Geometry Box Set, Pencils, Erasers and Color pencils or Crayons for the drawing paper.
Items NOT to carry to the JEE Main Exam Hall:
- Any electronic devices like Cellular phone, Mobile, Pager, Calculator, Log Tables or copying materials, books, notebooks, bits of paper must not be carried to the examination hall.
- Candidates will not be permitted to wear or carry any type of watch into the exam hall.